History of Calvin Church
Calvin Church was founded in the predominately German Lutheran area of Harmony is 1845 by several of the area’s Scottish descendants. The church, then called the Harmony-Zelienople Presbyterian Church, was a one room building that is the current church’s fellowship hall. Over the decades, the congregation grew.
In 1901, it built the present sanctuary. By 1954, the church had grown to 255 members, and it was decided that space for classes, meeting rooms, and a kitchen were needed, and so a new addition was built. In 1959, the church changed its name and became Calvin Presbyterian Church.
In 2008 and boasting over 400 members, the church completed yet another building project to add classrooms and meeting rooms, office space and to refurbish the fellowship hall. As the church moves steadily toward its second century of existence, the area around the church continues to boom. And what began as a place of worship for a few local families now has become a place where a whole community is served.
Sanctuary- Circa 1950